- 100 Ton Coast Guard Masters License
- ASA Basic Keelboat, Basic Coastal Cruising, Bareboat Charter and Coastal Navigation certified Instructor
- US Sailing Basic Keelboat, Basic Coastal Cruising Instructor
- Singlehanded Sailing Society
- NAUI Scuba Diver
- First Aid and CPR Certified
Dan started sailing in the late 60’s while in the Navy. He began teaching sailing part time in the early 80’s and has been with Spinnaker Sailing since 1999. Other interests include racing his Wilderness 21 “Pappy” and diving. He has many years of experience sailing the SF Bay and delta, the coast of California and Mexico, the Pacific Northwest and the East Coast. He finds it very rewarding to be able to share his love of sailing with others.