September - 4 - 15 2013
The south of Italy is where you'll find some of the most amazing sailing and interesting destinations you can imagine. Sardinia and Corsica are two well established sailing ports, rich with sailing history and good food. Check out our Sardinia sailing vacation webpage for more information, or contact Bob Diamond
December 5-15, 2013
If you missed out on this years BVI trip but would like to go to the British Virgin Isles with us Next December, then sign up now. See our web page for more details.
Cost: $1895 per person single cabin.
$1695 per person double cabin.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sailing Classes
- Sailing Club
- Sailboat Chartering
- Sailing Vacations
- Kids Camps
- Team Building
- Public Sailing
- Club Racing
- Celestial Navigation
- >No. We sail in displacement boats that don't tip over called keelboats.
- Clothing- Comfortable clothing, but think in terms of layers. Often it is cooler in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. Any clothes you peel off can be stored below on the boat.
- Jacket- A waterproof or repellant jacket to keep you dry if possible.
- Shoes- Rubber soled, non marking shoes, like tennis shoes. No sandals or open toe shoes.
- Misc- A hat and sunglasses are recomended as well.
- boats, classrooms, study materials, instructors, all safety equipment. ASA fees and certificaion where applicable .
- There is a maximum of four students to a boat class. Some classes may run with as few as 2 students.
- We can schedule makeups whenever there is a space available in another similar class. There is a $25 fee for each makeup class.
- We require at least a 7 day notice to cancel a class at no charge. Less than a weeks notice and there is a 50% cancellation fee. No refund for those who don't show or don't call to cancel or reschedule a class.
- ASA is recognized worldwide. Getting your ASA certification gives you the credentials to charter sailboats all around the world.
- Joining a sailing club provides you access to boats, activities, and so much more. It's an affordable alternative to owning your own boat. After learning to sail it's important you continue to sail to refine your skills and develop self confidence. Being a member of the Sailing Club makes it easy.
- Yes. Our club members enjoy discounts at other sailing clubs around the country. Ask us for a list of current reciprical clubs. .
- Yes. Our club memberships run for 12 months from the date of initiation. Monthly payments are available to spread the annual member ship fee out over 12 months.
- No. If you don't have certification, but know how to sail, just schedule a checkout sail with one of our instructors and get checked out. Once you've check out you'll be able to charter from Spinnaker Sailing anytime.
- No. Once you've joined the club your membership runs for 12 months without interruption.
- We have no effective way to pro-rate unused months of sailing during the year. In some cases we can suspend a membership until you come back and let you use those unused months later.
- Anyone chartering a boat with Spinnaker Sailing is responsible for the deductible on the insurance policy of the boat. This limits your exposure to a fixed amount. Charters are also responsible for the cost of any lost or broken equipment up to the maximum of the deductible amount.
The club program is designed to give everyone equal access to the fleet of boats so we ask that you only make reservation for one day at a time as part of the unlimited use memberships. If you want to charter for two days in a row then your 1st day is free and your subsequent days are at club member rates
- Most certification will enable you to charter a boat with Spinnaker Sailing. If you do not have certification then a check out test is require to prove profeciency.
- Please see our list of charter boats!
- Yes, and the cost is built into the charter fees, however you are also responsible for the deductible on the insurance policy which will not be used unless there is damage or loss equipment.
- You don't have to know how to sail to join us on one of our overseas sailing vacations, however, having some sailing experience usually makes it experience more enjoyable.
- A list of recommended items are provide for each of the various trips. Please see flyers for info.
- Yes. We love to go diving at most of our sailing destinations. Snorkeling gear can come with the boats and diving gear is usually available at most diving locations.
- 12 - 17. Recommended for kids between the ages of 11 - 17.
- Most of the kids who take the Basic Keelboat course have had little to no previous sailing experience.
- Certification is optional for students in the Summer Kids program. These classes are intended to give kids a fun learning experience without the pressures of testing. Anyone wanting certifications can however pay an additional fee and we will administer the written exam and the on the water testing. Upon successful completion of the exams they will receive ASA certification.
- Parents are responsible for providing kids with lunch. We do have a refrigerator and microwave in the classroom to store or warm up food.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a Basic Coastal Cruising Certificate or equivalent experience to be able to rent boats from Spinnaker Sailing.
- You do not need to know how to swim in fact swimming is actually frowned upon, so please stay in the boat : )
- Our skippers can sail the boat by themselves, but we encourage all those onboard to help sail the boat. We'll let you help trim sail, and steer.
- Very few people get seasick on the bay, but for those who are prone to seasickness we recommend taking Bonine the night before.
- Our boats can accomodate up to six people maximum per boat.
- You can charter a boat with a skipper for your own private charter any day. See our charter rate sheet for more info.
- Yes. You are free to bring whatever you like.
- Port-a-potties are available upon request on the smaller boats, but generally for short sails they are not really needed. The 27 foot boats and larger normally have an inboard head with holding tank.
- 72 hours notice is required to obtain a refund prior to any scheduled sail unless cancelled due to weather.
- Reservations are required and boats are filled on a first-come first-served basis.
- Yes, but club members can bring family or friends along on a race if they like. If you are skippering your own boat, there is no cnarge for the non member, but if you are coming on an instructor skippered boat there will be a $30 charge per guest. Reservations are still required.
- No, sorry, only Spinnaker Sailing boats can participate in Spinnaker sponsored rqces.
- No, sorry, only spinnaker sailing club members and their guests are invited to race in our races.
- Yes, but there will be a racing fee of 50% additional added to the standard charter rate.
- We recommend the Dutton's textbook and a Sextant is nice, but not really necessary for hte class. (You will need one if you are planning on using your new skills on an actual trip.)